Good morning. The FTSE 100 has opened lower as England begins to reopen, with non-essential retail, hospitality and gyms welcoming customers back.
In corporate news, cybersecurity firm Darktrace has announced plans to list in London, a boost for the market after Deliveroo’s recent flop.
5 things to start your day
1) Britain’s back in business as recovery gathers pace: Economy set to bounce back with key indicators pointing to hiring spree and a surge in confidence.
2) Citymapper courts businesses for its transport data: Citymapper has set up a new Enterprise website to attract businesses with its wealth of transport insights
3) Traders warn of pound turmoil ahead of Scotland vote: British stocks set to suffer if Nicola Sturgeon wins landslide majority in next month’s Holyrood election.
4) Bonmarche jobs at risk: Administrators at RSM have been reviewing the options for the estate during lockdown. Some or all of the remaining 148 stores may never reopen.
5) Big Four shake-up will misfire, smaller rival warns: Kwasi Kwarteng’s plan for KPMG and others to share…