Beloved pooch Monty was rushed to a veterinary surgery after owner Jayne O’Brien discovered her four year old pet lying in the garden of their Petersfield home following a ‘horrific’ garden accident.
The poor pup had suffered horrendous injuries when he was impaled by a 60cm metal spiked pole that passed in and out of his groin before spearing his hindleg.
It is thought that the thick spike had been knocked off a bird bath in the garden by either Monty or Jayne’s other golden retriever Wellington as they played outside.
When St Peter’s Vets received the emergency call, vet Chloe Graham and veterinary nurse Georgie Marie rushed to Monty’s aid.
Chloe said it was one of the most horrific injuries she’s even seen, and the team at St Peter’s had never treated a canine pet with an injury like Monty’s before.
Tributes of flowers and football shirts left for Pompey fan killed in crash in L…
Chloe said: ‘It is definitely an…