A Rottweiler had to undergo three-hours of surgery after vets discovered it had eaten 30 PPE gloves.
Rambo was rushed to a veterinary hospital when he was sick and brought up one of the rubber gloves that Darren Coyne from Wakefield uses in his job for Intercontinental Hotel Group.
Keith Leonard, veterinary surgeon and owner at Leeds Birstall Vets4Pets 24/7 hospital, said: “When Rambo was referred to us by our colleagues at Vets4Pets Wakefield Westgate, we didn’t think we’d be finding much; particularly as he literally bounced into the hospital seemingly without a care in the world.
“But the seemingly brief endoscopy turned into a three-hour operation as we removed 29 further PPE gloves from Rambo’s stomach, making it 30 in total that he had seemingly eaten.
“Each time we pulled a glove out, we went back to check it was the last one and found another one – it was something we’ve never seen or heard of…