- The world’s largest hygiene campaign aimed at tackling the spread of Covid-19 has reached one billion people.
- The UK Government and Unilever partnered to provide soap, sanitiser and surface disinfectants to developing countries, where there is little or no sanitation.
- This comes as the UK-backed COVAX scheme reaches deliveries of vaccines to 100 countries and territories.
One billion people in developing countries have now been reached with advice, hygiene products and access to handwashing facilities in a campaign launched between the UK government and British business Unilever to reduce the spread of Covid-19.
Working through the UN, charities and other partners, the campaign has:
- Trained 140,000 staff, including community health workers and teachers, to deliver hygiene skills, including deep cleaning of public buildings and effective handwashing.
- Installed over 500,000 handwashing stations around the world, including in Bangladesh, as well as health care facilities in Iraq.
- Run information campaigns across TV, radio and social media in 37 countries to…