Good morning. World stock markets are pushing towards further record highs as US bond yields fall. The FTSE 100 is set to edge higher.
5 things to start your day
1) Economy must reopen to give workers their mojo back, says Haldane: Bank of England chief economist says ending all pandemic restrictions as planned on June 21 would be ‘fantastic for the economy’.
2) Ministers mull radical plan to axe tariffs on electric cars: The plan is part of efforts to send a message that Britain will champion free trade after Brexit and is committed to limiting climate change.
3) Yorkshire leads the way in carbon capture ‘revolution’: Drax is placing Selby in North Yorkshire at the heart of the UK’s push to reduce emissions, to try and help the UK hit its carbon-cutting targets.
4) Mark Zuckerberg to keep working from home for half of next year: He said working remotely has allowed him to look at longer-term opportunities and spend more time with his family.
5) Brussels sues Germany for defying European Court of Justice ruling: European Commission starts infringement proceedings…