Oil prices have moved higher after Iran sent a warship into the Red Sea in response to the sinking of three ships by the US Navy.
Iran despatched its Alborz destroyer on Monday after the sinking of three Houthi boats over the weekend in the vital trade route, which is being avoided by shipping companies after a series of attacks.
5 things to start your day
1) Hedge funds stockpile uranium as price of nuclear fuel surges | Up to 50 firms are believed to have bought ‘yellowcake’ amid huge global supply deficit
2) Britain cracks down on semiconductor sales to China | Western countries continue to restrict Beijing’s access to advanced microchips
3) Investors lose £7bn on British banks despite rising interest rates | Barclays, NatWest, Virgin Money and Metro shares all failed to make gains since January
4) Falling food inflation at risk from looming cost pressures | ‘Obstacles on the road’ threaten to stoke price rises in 2024, warn retail bosses
5) Defence company founded by Oculus creator plans to double UK presence | Anduril bets on a boom in…